Services and Programs
- Adult Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) 8-Week Course
- Teen Making Friends With Yourself (MFY) 8-Week Course
- Mindful Self-Compassion Informational Presentations
- Emotional Resiliency Training
- Compassionate Program Development for Organizations
- Mindful Self-Compassion Classes for High School & College Students
- Life Skills Training for Teens & Young Adults
- Meditation Classes or Training
- Individual Consultations regarding any of the above
Adult Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
Having compassion for you is the same as having compassion for others. Self-compassion involves acting the same way towards yourself when you are having a difficult time. When we fail or notice something we don’t like about our self, we typically just try to ignore the pain or try to will it away. This is rarely effective, as you know from personal experience. Self-compassion allows you to stop and to tell yourself, “This is really difficult right now. How can I comfort and care for myself in this moment?” Read more...
Teen Making Friends with Yourself (MFY)
Adolescence is a time of change, growth and all too often, struggle. This course is designed to help teens cope more effectively with the ongoing challenges of their day-to-day life. It brings together the benefits of mindfulness and self-compassion: Mindfulness teaches us to be present with difficult emotions, and self-compassion helps us to respond to these emotions with greater kindness and self-care. Through developmentally appropriate activities and meditations; teens learn specific tools that help them navigate the emotional ups and downs of this life stage with greater ease. Read more.